Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Countdown is on.....

I just got back from a marathon walk along Alki with Gavin and was strolling along and started thinking about going back to work and it made me realize how lucky and blessed I feel right now. I was so worried when I was pregnant about how I would feel as a new mom (and talked to a handful of friends about this) and believe me I've had some "off" days but I've so enjoyed my maternity leave. Here are some of the things I am thankful for and look forward to in 2010.

-our new son...Gavin Pie who we are so in love with and is growing so fast!
-my supportive husband who is an amazing dad
-a long and joyful maternity leave...thank you Nordstrom!!!
-a great job that I enjoy and was saved for me and a wonderful & supportive boss to return to
-my generous group of friends and family whom I love so much!
-living in a beautiful city...okay I know this is corny...but walking along alki looking at the seattle sky-line...there is just no other place I'd rather live!
-And finally....the handsfree headset that my girlfriend Lisa gave me....came in so handy during my two hour walk so I could rock out and ponder...and people thought I was talking on the phone and didn't realize I was actually singing....Katy Perry's "Hot-n-Cold" hit!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooo proud of you! Thank you for sharing your heart. You are walking through these days of new experiences with amazing grace. Both you and Geno are fun to watch with Gavin. Thank you for blessing your friends and family with our precious Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the headset shout out! It was really meant for you not to kill drivers while talking on the phone while driving, but glad you use it for tunes as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete