Sunday, March 21, 2010

B.A.D.

Is all I can say about the last couple of days. Gavin had his 6month check-up Friday afternoon (everything went great - 20lbs 3 oz -89% and 26 3/4" in height - 69%) but then came the shots. Of course it is gut-wrenching to watch your baby get his vaccinations but you know it's something you have to do...or do you???

I've been questioning this since Friday night. He has not reacted well since his visit- constant fussiness, unconsolable crying, stuffy nose and a terrible cough - not the same sunny disposition at all. By day two of this - panic is starting to set in as I cruise the internet and begin to self-diagnose - reading posts about horrible reactions to vaccinations he's just received. It's been about 48 hours, two shotty nights of sleep (pun intended_ and several weekend plan cancellations (6mo photo session with Coffey & Carson's 1st bday party....so sorry ladies!) and subtle signs are starting to point to my Pie Pie returning. Needless to say we are all three EXHAUSTED!

4 comments:

  1. That's no fun at all! I wish I could have helped more. Knew you didn't need another body in your house. Been praying for this little hiccup to pass quickly. Sure looking forward to Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry buddy, I've had similar experience with Bailey 5 years ago . . it will pass but in the present it's exhausting. Hang in there - makes you appreciate your good health!

    Love you!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinkapotomus! Sorry Boog! Give my lil nephew a kiss for me! Hope he feels better and you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Trix that he is so sick! I'm sure he'll be back to his normal self soon.

    ReplyDelete