Friday, December 24, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin...

Lately I've been thinking alot about Christmas traditions -and how Geno and I are solely responsible for shaping Gavin's memories & butterflies in the stomach kind of feelings about Christmas. Wow - do I feel the pressure! Lots of memories come flooding back to me from growing up - the smell of cinammon, homemade ornaments, gingerbread houses, opening our sneak-peak present on Xmas Eve & my dad waking us up no later than 5am on Christmas morning. My mind reels on what special little treats I want to do each year to make this holiday so special to our guy - cookies for Santa, carrots for the reindeer, & sparkly reindeer feed to lead the sleigh to our house. Cheesy - yes, I know but isn't that part of the magic of Christmas??

One tradition is for sure - we will always celebrate with The Baileys. Today, we met for lunch at one of my sister & I's fav restaurant - Tokyo, for a little holiday cheer and cousin gift exchange. So wish we lived closer and our visits were more frequent than far between. Hope you guys have a Merry Merry Christmas! LOVE & HUGS!



2 comments:

  1. You guys are so sweet. I love the pictures and so happy that you and Lexi still have such fun as sisters! I love it that you both have boys and they are so close in age. Christmas is very special, Owen and I also make sure to keep traditions for our children going each year. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! I want copies! Tristan is playing with his letter magnets like crazy! He got one in the right way today and celebrated! It was so good to see you guys and lunch was fantastic as always! Love you!

    ReplyDelete