Wednesday, September 16, 2009

False Alarm...

Started having back labor yesterday, along with some cramping and contractions started about 4pm...by about 7:30 they were 5 minutes apart....so called the hospital and we were told to come on in to triage to be checked out. Contractions remained strong and were about 4-6 minutes apart but no change in dilation - still at 2cm from my dr. appt earlier yesterday morning. So back home we went....was able to get some sleep last night and now not much action today. Took a long walk this morning, and just went for a pedicure.....any other advice to get this labor going?

5 comments:

  1. Be patient and get rest. He's not ready yet.He must want to wait until his B-day.
    Luv,
    His Grandma Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I did it...the morning I went into labor I drank a couple cups of drip coffee (always gets me moving if you know what I mean), tried to stay moving as long as I could(don't rest to much because it keeps your body at rest), got home from work and went on a nice LONG walk (while on walk I had to pee but held it in) went to Mexican for dinner and loaded up on the salsa!! Started labor at 7 while at dinner. Can't wait to hear the big news XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today should be his birthday! Hopefully my lil nephew comes soon ...Im so excited to meet him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips guys...my fingers are crossed for tonight!!! I did go to the health food store and got some raspberry tea and blue cohosh(heard that works like a charm....) so we will see. Planning on a big walk tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was induced, so no words of wisdom from me...but the walk sounds like a good idea! Thinking about you tonight and hoping that Baby R. decides to make his debut sooner rather than later. Hang in there Momma!

    ReplyDelete