in just a few days and I feel like every year it creeps up on me faster than the year before. Now that Pie is getting older, it's even more important for me to put my "bah humbug" retail woes of too much travel & long hours behind me. I think a lot about how I'm responsible for creating these magical memories of christmas specialness for my guy and what new traditions we can start as our own little family that will shape his view of christmas and family for years to come.
My grandma Joy always made Christmas such a big deal when we were growing up - I can close my eyes and see my sister and I sitting next to the fire place with our stockings hung, sipping hot cocoa, watching the Judds Holiday Special on CMT while keeping an eye on her elaborately decorated themed tree (one year it was all fuschia). So many fun memories - thanks Gram!

(This christmas tree is made entirely of the old-school grocery carts - AMAZING right? I swear when I was little, this is what my grandma's tree looked like to me!)
I'm looking forward to spending time with my two guys relaxing, seeing family & frolicking in the snow and ringing in the New Year in N.Idaho with close friends!
(The cutest)
Going to spend Christmas Eve morning baking these delicious easy treats (thank you J.Spry) for the recipe - thinking Santa will enjoy eating these in the middle of the night. Gavin and I are also going to make our best first attempt at a batch "reindeer food" to spread on the lawn so he can find our house...no chimney..DUH!
And just because I love this pic - mama's little helper! Santa - need an elf on your team?
This year you win super parents with all your travels. You are amazing. BTW....those cookies are the best. Wade's mom made them for him every year. Deadly good. Give Gavin love from A and L.
ReplyDeleteLove this post! :) Judds Christmas special made me laugh and sorta wanna cry at the same time. Such fun memories! :) Hoping to see you guys on Christmas! :)
ReplyDeleteIt wont let me comment signed in as me so im anon today...louie :)
Gavin is such a joy! He's fun to be around, such a great sense of humor for two years old,makes me laugh out loud. Can't wait to share Christmas day with all the family.
ReplyDeleteNana
My mom is going to love this post! Where was my shout out with the grocery cart Christmas tree? Nice to see a post.
ReplyDelete