Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back to the Mainland.....

and reality. The three of us ventured to the Big Island of Hawaii and stayed in a condo in Kailua Kona for 4 nights and in Waikola at the beautiful Marriott resort for the remaining two nights of our trip. We had beautiful weather and breathtaking scenery - the juxtaposition of the fierce black lava rock against the calming turquoise blue water was just amazing. This was my first trip to Hawaii and the scenery definitely didn't disappoint.

But to be completely honest we both felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation - is that wrong to say outloud? Traveling and "relaxing" pool/beach side with an 8 month old who has just discovered crawling and wants to put everything in his reach into his mouth is anything but a vacay. Nonetheless, it was great family time and added memories to the memory bank that we will look back and cherish. Here are a few pic's from the trip.

Note to selves - next vaca we are traveling with help...a nanny, grandparent, sister, brother...someone...please!



6 comments:

  1. cute pics, gavin's smile is ADORABLE!! i SSOOOO need your travel tips! how did you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a wonderful daughter-in-law. I feel so fortunate to have the three of you! I love little Gavin so much.Babysitting on Friday:)
    Grm. Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Especially the one of Gavin's baby booty. You are brave people to travel so far for so long with a little one. And crawling.....can't wait to see him this weekend. The last time I saw him he was 4 weeks old!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love Gavin's huge grin in all of the pics. Glad you had such a great time traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting and waiting for this post and Im definately NOT dissapointed! I love the pictures! His smile is priceless! Love the one of you and Gavin with his big grin and fo-hawk! You look gorgeous as always! I'm in for the next vacation...Geno already did a verbal handshake and a real man never goes back on his word! Love you all! :) You look handsome too Geno! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are 'picture perfect'. Does our little prince ever 'not smile' for a picture? Sheyann will be really blessed to have time with you and the guys this weekend. You guys make having family on vaca look easy!

    ReplyDelete